

Today was my first MOTHER'S DAY without my three darling daughters by my side. As I walked to church hand in hand with John, I took a moment to reflect on my greatest joys....Stephanie, Vanessa & Briana.
As a young wife thinking about children, I had always imagined having ALL BOYS...don't ask me why...I guess I just figured I was kind of a "tomboy". So, you can imagine my shock and apprehension when I started off with IDENTICAL TWIN GIRLS! It didn't take long for them to completely win me over and wrap themselves around my heart. Four years later, the doctor said..."you're having a boy!" John was pretty excited, but secretly I was worried about the whole boy thing. When Briana came out a GIRL, again I was shocked but this time my heart sang for joy...another girl...yet completely different than her sisters and full of energy and personality!
It wasn't until my girls left home that I realized we really were BEST FRIENDS before we came to earth. I love them with all my heart.
Mother's Day for me is EVERYDAY!
6 comments:
Ha! :) Cute pictures and I've loved having you as my mom! I think our all girl family has definitely changed with the addition of Ben, Ryan...and soon to be little Jack. I know that even the boys think you are an amazing Mom. We ALL LOVE YOU TONS! Cannot wait to see you in 2 weeks!
awwww....so cute! We love you, too!
Ryan wants to know what's up with me and Vanessa's bowl cuts in the first picture and I want to know what's up with yours :) LOL. I'm just kidding. You look even younger and more beautiful, now! I love seeing the 90's flashback photos!
12 more days :)
Wiping Tears!! It seems like just a year or two ago those photos were taken. I remember like yesterday playing and trying to keep Steph and Nessa quiet while Mother (Cheri) and baby Briana were sleeping. It was sooooo hot!!
hahah :) Thanks mom. I loved this...
I really really wished that I was home with you yesterday.
11 days.
I can't wait. :)
I love hearing that! We found out that we are having our third girl this fall, and it is always good to hear positive all sister stories. It is funny to hear that you thought you would have all boys, because I was the same way! Probably because I grew up with all brothers. What a difference! I do love it.
Hey Cheri. Thanks for your comments on Vanessa's blog! I love having an excuse to make things, and Chloe gives me just that. Are you and John just as happy as can be with your first 2 grandbabies on their way? Geeze it's so exciting. Aaron and I miss you too! We are doing great here in VA, but are so so excited to be moving to AZ soon!!!
Post a Comment