Friday, August 04, 2006

Honeymooners in Texas

(EMAIL FROM VANESSA IN DALLAS)

Have you ever heard of Medeival Times? Well, it's right next to our hotel, so Ben decided it would be fun to spend some extra money and go. It was so much fun. At first I felt like I was surrounded by almost a thousand band geeks, but then it got better. Ha! We walked around a torture museum...they sure did use PSYCHO things back in the day. I took a picture of a "head crusher"...yikes! We wore crowns and ate the food with our hands. We had soup, 1/2 chicken (each), ribs, potato, garlic bread, and an apple cinnamon pie for dessert. It was TONS of food, and really yummy. We watched a "tournament" from the knights. There were 6 knights and we set in 6 sections to cheer on our knight. Ben and I were from the "Kingdom of Navarra" and we cheered for the yellow knight, who got killed by a huge ball and chain. Haha! Anyway, here are some pictures. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Don said...

How fun! We've lived here over 5 years and still haven't been to MT! I drive past that place every week.

When are ya'll going to visit us? If you're right next to MT, then you're just 2 miles from where I work. Let me know and we can do lunch sometime while ya'll are here.

Don